A Wish Comes True

Improving the quality of life in the Tri-Counties for those who depend on the services provided by the  Yarmouth Regional Hospital is now a wish come true, thanks to Shoppers Drug Mart.  Through the Shoppers Drug Mart Tree of Life campaign we are pleased to announce our local Shoppers Drug Mart will be donating 75% of the funds they raise in Yarmouth to the Yarmouth Hospital Foundation.  The remaining 25% will be directed to national healthcare charities working on treatment, awareness, and education and research initiatives.

“As a representative of the Yarmouth Hospital Foundation we depend on volunteer and fundraising efforts in this community to assist us in  our efforts to support and enhance our hospital as a community and regional centre of excellence in health care,” said Paulette Sweeney-Goodwin, YHF Managing Director.   “We know our community will step up on September 22nd through to October 19th and support Shoppers Drug Mart’s Tree of Life fundraising campaign this year.

All funds collected will be channeled towards the annual appeal set to begin in early November.  The Foundation is raising funds this year for a new ICU Volume Ventilator (life support) for the cardiac unit of the hospital.  The cost of the ventilator is $47,000.

You can help the Foundation reach its target by purchasing your “leaf” at Shoppers Drug Mart for a loonie, or a “maple leaf” for $5, or an “apple” for $50.  Each “leaf” will then be personalized by you and placed on a branch of the tree, displayed prominently in the store.

“It’s a heartfelt campaign like this that brings communities together and we thank Shoppers Drug Mart, their employees and you their customers, for helping us make a difference our area”.