Dalhousie School of Nursing
The Yarmouth site of the Dalhousie School of Nursing is gearing up to meet the need for more nurses. In 2016, it condensed the 120-credit course to 3 years from 4, to graduate more nurses more quickly. In 2020, 33 students were enrolled, up from 25, says Dr. Shelley Cobbett, Site Administrator for the Yarmouth Campus and assistant professor.
In a few years we’ll be growing our enrolment to 40 a year, Dr. Cobett says. Students will take their clinical training at Digby and Roseway hospitals as well as Yarmouth Regional Hospital. The Yarmouth School of Nursing has a longstanding reputation for excellence, she says, and always has more applicants than it can take.
The Yarmouth Hospital Foundation awards 5 scholarships to first year students accepted & enrolled full-time in the Dalhousie University Bachelor of Science Nursing Program at the Yarmouth Site (Direct Entry or Advanced).
- Yarmouth Hospital Foundation Scholarship, valued at $5,000
- David R. Hall Scholarship, in memory of Dr. Margaret Churchill, valued at $5,000
- Rajender & Asha Parkash Scholarship, valued at $2,500
- Eileen R. Morisset Scholarship, valued at $2,000
- NEW Lina & Alphie Comeau Memorial Scholarship, valued at $1,500
- For information on how to apply click here.
- To download an application form for the above five (5) scholarships, please click here.
Note: only one application is required to apply for all five scholarships. Application deadline is September 30th. Preference will be given to candidates who, upon graduation, plan to seek employment at the Yarmouth Regional Hospital.