YHF Commitment to Health Care Community Fund
2021 Grant Recipients
Yarmouth Hospital Foundation has awarded grants totaling $150,000 to the following 11 organizations to aid in their mission to promote health care in the Tri-County area.
The grants are the first to be awarded from the Health Care Enhancement Endowment .
- Bay Side Home: Two Hippocampe all-terrain chairs to take residents outside of the home to areas of the community that lack wheelchair accessibility, such as beaches and trails.
- Children’s Aid Foundation of NS: Health & Well- Being Fund exclusively for underserved, at risk and vulnerable children, and former youth in care, ages 0-24, in the Tri-Counties.
- Digby & Area Health Services Charitable Foundation: Infant scale and baby warmer for Digby General Hospital.
- Le Transport de Clare Society: Transportation to and from hospital for medical appointments such as dialysis for lower income residents of Digby County.
- Roseway Hospital Foundation: Contribution to the purchase of a digital x-ray machine for the Roseway Hospital.
- Villa Saint Joseph du Lac: Therapeutic sensory room for long-term-care residents.
- VON Tri-County: Expansion of the Meals on Wheels program from Shelburne to Cape Sable Island.
- Yarmouth and Area Chamber of Commerce: Furnishings for the Credit Union Place medical student and locum units on Vancouver St.
- Yarmouth County Ground Search & Rescue Team: Standard first aid with CPR and AED training for 35 members this year and 15 additional members each year for the next three years.
- Yarmouth County Splash Park: Community initiative designed to provide opportunities for active, healthy living and to increase inclusion and access to recreation for those who face constraints to participation.
- Yarmouth County Hospice Society: Oximeters for VON nurses who provide quality care for end-of-life patients who wish to remain at home.