Yarmouth Hospital Foundation awards and administrates 9 scholarships to first year students accepted & enrolled full-time in the Dalhousie University Bachelor of Science Nursing (BScN) program (Yarmouth Campus) (Direct Entry or Advanced).
We have also sponsored 2 $2,500 scholarships for LPN students enrolled in the Practical Nursing and Practical Nursing Re-entry to Practice programs at NSCC, Burridge Campus. These scholarships are open to full and part-time students enrolled in any year of study, and are administrated by NSCC, Burridge campus directly.
Yarmouth Hospital Foundation has a downloadable package available to guide you through the process of applying for our scholarships. This document will guide you through the process of applying, but if you have any further questions after reading everything over, please get in touch with us at (902) 746-1669 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Yarmouth Hospital Foundation Scholarship, valued at $5,000
- David R. Hall Scholarship, in memory of Dr. Margaret Churchill, valued at $5,000
- Drs. Rajender & Asha Parkash Scholarship, valued at $2,500
- Eileen R. Morisset Scholarship, valued at $2,000
- Lina & Alphie Comeau Memorial Scholarship, valued at $1,500
New for the 2022/23 Academic Year:
- Scholarship A, valued at $3,000
- Scholarship B, valued at $3,000
- Scholarship C, valued at $3,000
- Sara Corning Equity Diversity Inclusivity (EDI) Scholarship, valued at $5,000
For an insight into the impact that our scholarships can have, see this video about past winner, Alicia Wheatley!
Application deadline is September 30th.
Application forms and all details are included in the scholarship package, but if you’d rather download the forms separately, use the links below.
Only one application form is necessary to be in contention for eight of our scholarships. The Sara Corning EDI scholarship has additional criteria and will require the submission of the scholarship-specific form.
Putting together your application for our scholarships will require more than just the form. Your completed application package should include the following:
- Your (typed) application form.
- Your (typed) one-page essay introducing and describing yourself.
- A copy of your high school transcript & any other transcripts indicating academic ability.
- A copy of your resume.
- A copy of your letter of acceptance from Dalhousie University.
- Two typed letters of reference which address your academic ability and your potential to contribute to a nursing role. Note: copies of reference letters dated within the past two (2) years will be accepted.
Completed application packages must be sent to:
Dr. Shelley L. Cobbett, Site Administrator
Dalhousie University School of Nursing, Yarmouth Campus.
58 Vancouver St, Yarmouth, NS B5A 2P5
Once again, the application deadline is September 30th.