Yarmouth Regional Hospital
The Yarmouth Regional Hospital provides care to 58,000 people in Shelburne, Yarmouth and Digby Counties.
- North Main Entrance – Building A (by Admitting/Registration). Doors are locked at night from 8 p.m. to 7 a.m. Patients must buzz to enter after 8 p.m.
- Rehab / Day Surgery Entrance – Building C. These doors are open from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., and locked evenings, weekends and holidays. Patients with appointments in Building C, doctors offices, cancer centre, etc., may use this entrance.
*Please visit the Nova Scotia Health's temporary closures page for up-to-date information about any unexpected closures and service interruptions at this facility.
- Addictions Services – including inpatient withdrawal management and community-based services
- Alternate Level of Care Unit
- Ambulatory Care Clinics – visiting clinics
- Breast Screening – mammograms (through Diagnostic Imaging)
- Cancer Care Centre
- Cardiovascular Program
- Chronic Pain Clinic
- Continuing Care
- Diabetes Education
- Diagnostic Imaging: X-Ray, CT, MRI, Ultrasonography
- 24-hour Emergency Department
- Falls Prevention
- Family Wellness - Nurse Practitioner Clinic
- Kidney Clinic
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Laboratory Services – blood collection, water testing
- Maternal-Child / Obstetrics / Pre-Natal Clinic
- Mental Health - Inpatient / Outpatient
- Occupational Therapy
- Palliative and Supportive Care
- Pre-Natal Clinic
- Public Health
- Recreation Therapy
- Renal Dialysis / Kidney Clinic
- Respiratory Therapy - Asthma Clinic / COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) Clinic
- Stroke Program
- Surgery / Laparoscopic Surgery / Day Surgery
- Veterans Place – veterans unit
- Volunteer Services
Please note: There are currently visitor restrictions in place due to COVID-19. Please visit the Nova Scotia Health's temporary closures page for up-to-date information. Patients and approved visitors should park in the North-front parking lot, closest to Vancouver Street, or the Grove Road parking lot.
Visitors are welcome daily from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Please check with nursing staff, if you want to visit outside of the standard visiting hours.
There is a rest period (no visitors) the Maternal-Child Unit, second floor, from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. daily.
*Learn more about NSHA'sFamily Presence Policy, which welcomes up to two people named by the patient to be their family or primary support person/people.
Scents (such as perfume, cologne, hairspray) cause health problems for many people. Please do not use scented products. All South West Health properties are tobacco product free; smokers must go off hospital grounds to use tobacco products.
Patients and approved visitors should park in the North-front parking lot, closest to Vancouver Street, or the Grove Road parking lot. A $4 parking fee will be charged when you exit the hospital parking lot. Please make sure you have correct change before leaving the hospital. Monthly parking passes are available and can be paid with credit or debit. There are also a limited number of free accessible parking spaces available.
Yarmouth Regional Hospital
60 Vancouver Street
Yarmouth, NS B5A 2P5
General Switchboard: (902) 742-3541
Patient Switchboard: (902) 742-6600
Fax: (902) 742-0369